PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Winton- Airbus
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2022, 08:50
dr dre

Received 356 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally Posted by Lapon
It just sounds to me like nothing more than a polite way of saying 'we see this as a good opportunity to extend our current member base'.
Thats understandable, but I can't see what material incentive there would be for NJS crews to switch from thier existing unions, any representation would surely always be of a 'mainline first' persuasion.
NJS crews would get the benefit of being integrated into the mainline seniority list and the increased career opportunities if it went down like the Q and A pilots in 1994. They'd be a part of mainline

Originally Posted by SHVC
Project winton hey! Will it be shelved now for a while as the COVID recession is on its way.
I doubt it. It's a 12 year project, there's no Covid related recession on the way (travel post Covid is booming). The conflict situation may have a temporary effect but it seems to be nearing a stalemate which will mean the conflict's length is measured in weeks not months or years. The oil price has spiked but a lot of that is due to the post pandemic boom not the war. Oil price is still below 2010-2014 levels.

I'd say travel to Eastern Europe may be down over the next few months but the rest of the world will be doing fine.