PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Winton- Airbus
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2022, 08:56
Colonel_Klink

Received 39 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by aussieflyboy
The new AIPA President has proposed bringing NJS Pilots across to the Short-haul agreement in The Australian saying “we would like to represent them too”. I suppose this would make a lot of sense. The 2 groups fly virtually the same routes just with different aircraft. What do the NJS folks think of this proposal? I suppose you would be giving up significant lifestyle clauses. Are there any benefits to NJS crew? I assume seniority lists would remain seperate.
I wouldn’t want to speak for the new AIPA president - but it could very well be that the comment was taken out of context, and ‘we would like to represent them too’ might actually mean that AIPA want to start covering members who work for NJS, such as at JQ and QLink. I’m not sure about others here, but the author of that Australian article tends to get key things wrong about the issues she writes about, especially when it comes to Pilot industrial agreement or their organisations.

For what it’s worth, there’s a snow flakes chance in hell of QF allowing NJS crew to be employed under the SH EA. The idea is to divide and conquer - not bring all of the pilot groups together.