PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swinburne Degree Course
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2022, 10:54
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
Chopz

Hi Chopz,

Apologies, I am at work and should not really be on the computer so will have to be brief.

Make sure you have a good understanding of Part 141 and Part 142 schools.

Swinburne being a Part 142 operation able to provide a CPL in less hours, although it is far more rigid. You will be flying a more rigid syllabus.

A Part 141 school will require an additional 30 hours of solo to obtain a CPL and will also have GST (unlike a 142 school).

The 141 school will however offer alot more flexibility as far as navigation routes, ability to carry passengers after the ppl while you build hours (possibility of cost sharing to offset cost). Easier to change between schools, and stop and start training as funds permit. To be honest, i feel the 141 school may suit your needs better.

Im sorry i am out of time but go forth and do your research before you commit to anything. it appears that flexibility and ability to complete training over a longer period may suit your requirements. i.e. a Part 141 school.

If you have a family, make sure you have a realistic expectation of costs, and understand that the basic CPL isnt enough to get your career going.

Sorry im so brief, but hope it gets you doing the research required for the best decsion, cheers.