PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stretched Gazelle or B206L1 C30 for SPIFR
Old 2nd Mar 2022, 09:46
biz-buz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stretched Gazelle or B206L1 C30 for SPIFR

I know there are many different threads regarding both these aircraft, but none that compare the two. I will be considering a stretched Gazelle or a L1 with a C30 engine not the original C28. The Gazelle wins hands down for the fun factor, but the L1 wins hands down on seats. The performance figures apart from the cruise/VNE are surprising similar.

My question is which of these aircraft is the cheapest to run based on parts, servicing and fuel consumption. I do not wish to discuss the pros and cons of SPIFR etc, nor any other contentions subject !! I am looking for comments from experienced pilots who have flown or operated both if possible, as to which might be the better long term prospect. Longranger costs are not too difficult to find but DOC or any other costs for a Gazelle are difficult. Any general experience based figures, info, rules of thumb, regarding costs would all be most helpful for either or both aircraft.

I am also looking to let the aircraft to a flying school for IFR training to help pay the bills, but keep it on the N register. I hope this is possible, perhaps not ? I know there are issues using N reg aircraft for commercial work, but am not sure if this includes flight training? I will obviously check what the French or EASA have to say about this, but if anybody has any first hand experience on this I would be most grateful for any helpful comments. Please bear in mind this is for France.

Thank you all in advance for any help and assistance.