PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ukraine and associated airspace
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2022, 01:12
fdr

Received 861 Likes on 257 Posts
Originally Posted by Flyhighfirst
If I was the airline I would not want to be planning any technical stops right now. More than likely your plane is gone for good no matter if you think it’s a friendly country. Right now I don’t think Russia has any friends.

Dump the passengers and get the aircraft back. You can pay to get the pax back in alternative carriers.

I think the way this is shaping up anything confiscated is never going to be returned. Houses, yachts, cars, planes…

As it should be, all proceeds sent to Ukraine for reparations.
  1. The UN announced last week, 2 days before PUTINIA invaded a sovereign neighbor that the 51 Billion reparations for the 1990 Iraq invasion of Kuwait had been paid back. I would think that the freezing of PUTINIA government-owned banks, including those that are essentially dedicated to supporting his military, will make the reparations faster this time round. Apparently the former KGB emperor of the country of organized crime and oligarchs that have had a rapacious appetite to plunder the natural resources of the Rodina didn't listen to the news on that day; he was too busy lying to the rest of the world.
  2. Have little sympathy for the oligarchs wealth being confiscated, and first up being applied to compensate their victims in Ukraine, and the balance being put towards the recovery of Ukraine from the numb skull actions of Putin. The oligarchs have made hay by empowering Putin, they are the problem as much as he is.
  3. Organised crime from the former USSR is a major threat to the rest of the world, and nothing has been done worth a damn to check that. It is an issue in the USA, and in UK, and within Europe. This is a great time to shut them down, and kick their sorry butts out to the 12 mile limit off Kamchatka, and give them oars. The greatest export from Russia has been AK74's and organised crime. Putin is the peak of the criminal syndicate that Russia has become.
  4. Ordinarily, I would have great sympathy for the populace of Russia that are caught outside of their state as borders close, ordinarily. Until their crime boss, Putin elevated nuclear alert status. After that, they can look after themselves. Just like those families in Ukraine that have been impacted by their government that they have passively sat by as it devolved into a crime state.