PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New 'Bonza' LCC launches middle 2022 with B737 MAX
Old 24th Feb 2022, 07:53
ebt

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Snakecharma
From GT'S article

"Evidence globally shows that when you do connect to towns or locations that have not previously been connected directly, then you triple the traffic on that particular sector."

If the route has never been serviced then the traffic was previously zero. so tripling it is?

3 x 0 = ?

Seems to be a wrinkle in the force in terms of logic from GT
It's poorly stated but what he's likely getting at is comparing one or multiple-stop journeys compared to a nonstop. And some of that bears out with JQ's experience here where they have launched new routes that QF wouldn't have touched and built the traffic from there.

I still fundamentally can't see how they are going to be able to charge cut-rate fares with brand new aircraft that will be on high lease rates (cause that's how 777 Partners will make money on their investment in start-up phase) with 180-ish seats to fill, knowing that the moment any of their routes show some success that JQ or Rex, for that matter, will jump on it. Sure, they will be able to stimulate a level of traffic and a few routes may actually work. I just can't see how they will be able to keep is sustainable over the long run once the incentives run out.

But hey, good luck to them. I mean, who doesn't love a cheap fare?