PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - L3 VS CAE VS Leading Edge vs FTA- What is the best choice 2021?
Old 15th Feb 2022, 17:55
KT1988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@parkfell: Before the pandemic disaster I was planning on doing the VA APS MCC Ryanair mentored program (hoping for the Polish bases) but since the pandemic screwed everything then I decided I will wait with the last part for the beginning of the good times (it does not take long) when there will again be a lot of spots and fewest ready fresh pilots (since most people will be starting their training, while others will have a lot of catch up stuff to do before being redy like renewing stuff). Meanwhile I believe I will do some FI(A) stuff or burn some holes in the sky doing IR flights for 200 hours to be IRI. Also its possible to train with airline instructors privately on the sims used by Enter Air or by LOT for assessments in case something opens almost only for Polish pilots (there are not as many fresh ones as in western Europe waiting for the spot).

Eitherway I believe the most important thing is to be able to regard flying as a hobby (including the whole training etc.) and not as income source at least until being hired by an airline. That way it will not be a life breaking event/failure to not get an airline job but an epic adventure and fun of flying during the training or during renewals etc. itd. or being a FI. And who knows what future brings if you are ready when you are needed the chance may always come suddenly. But if someone take debt for training or have nothing to live of (job or investment) then the risk is enormous.