PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Freedom March Graham Hood
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2022, 01:39
Wizofoz

Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Doors Off

Rather than labeling them all as “loonies” perhaps take the time and ask someone who isn’t vaccinated as to why they made that choice and why they feel the need to protest? You might be surprised at the common values and morals that you share?
I've done exactley this. Three of my collegues chose dismissal over vaccination, and I had the chance to speak withh all of them, and several more who did so under protest..

EVERY ONE based their decision at least in part on simply wrong factual beliefs. It ranged from "It changes your DNA" to an actual "It's a Bill Gates microchip", but all had at least one idea that was simply wrong, but could not be disuaded.

Each ALSO had a wrong idea regarding the law. "It's unconstituational". When I asked "Which article of the constitution?" there was a long silence. Captain Dookie made a similar claim in his initial rant- again without being able to say exactley how.

And lastly- "Mah Freedom". Of COURSE you can be of the opinion that the Government is being heavy handed. I would disagree, but that's what freedom is. Why would someone refuse to have a vaccine that they acknowledge works- that protects them, thier families and the community- in order to what? Stick it to the man?

You're allowed to think speed limits are too low. You don't get to drive down the wrong side of the highway at 150KPH because- "Mah Freedom"...