PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alleged UFO or UAP, 1990, Calvine, Scotland
Old 8th Feb 2022, 14:52
Matthew Illsley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ewan Whosearmy
Hi Matthew

You are presumably aware that some years ago the MoD released/declassified a UFO report in which the only major redaction was one entry on a list of possible US aircraft that could be mistaken for extra terrestrial craft. From memory, the list included the SR-71 and F-117.

You are also presumably aware that there are RAF aircrew who have seen unidentified aircraft (not aliens) in UK airspace, at least one of whom mentions it in his autobiography.

It might be helpful to FOIA for the redacted identity of the aircraft in the report. This might have absolutely nothing to do with do with the Calvine incident, but as others have indicated, there is much we don't know about "black" aerospace programmes from that time, and a 'worldly' explanation is much more likely that an 'other-worldy' one.
Hi Ewan,

Thanks for replying.

1. I think you are referring to the Condign Report. If so, I understand that information is being withheld from it in accordance with Section 26 (Defence), Section 27 (International Relations), and Section 40 (Personal Information) of the FOIA. In 2021, I did request (via FOI) access to certain sections of it, but the MoD said it had lost all unredacted copies of it (despite at one point having had several of them). I was then made aware that in 2018, the MoD said they had a complete copy of the report and that they should have sent it to the National Archives in 2020, so I went back to the MoD. I'm currently awaiting their reply...

2. I do know of several aircrew who say have seen unidentified aircraft (not aliens) in UK airspace, but most are quite dated sightings. I'm not sure which autobiography you are referring to. If you would clarify that, and/or you know of recent versions, I would be very keen to hear about them, please. I can be messaged through PPRuNe or via email. My address is on this thread. Thank you.