PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAG: BA restructuring may cost 12,000 jobs
Old 28th Jan 2022, 15:46
Plastic787

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BAreject
You sound surprised. In case you were sleeping under a rock in 2020 whilst 249 were laid off, It should come as NO surprise to you that the BACC has very little interest in the aspirations of junior pilots. They won't give a t*ss about your threats of mass membership resignations. What's needed is fundamental change.
No I wasn’t sleeping under a rock I was having difficulty sleeping as I was at risk myself but thanks for your needless condescension. Whilst I have every sympathy for those made redundant (and without going into the interminable discussion of the rights and wrongs of it) the fact remains that redundancy based on LIFO was no secret pertaining to employment with BA and in fact formed part of the Memorandum of Agreement attached to the contract that presumably you read before signing (how’s that for condescending?). The fact that Balpa tried their best to uphold contractual terms should not have come as a shock to you. What I was referring to was something quite different. I also clearly want to see everybody from the PRP and PHP back in a seat as soon as possible however they should not be leapfrogging the career aspirations of those senior internal bidders with valid bids. If these people are allowed to move as they should then vacancies will be created as part of that process, pilots remaining on the P32L status list will benefit from increasing relative seniority instead of stagnating and opportunities will still exist to bring the PRP & PHP pilots rightfully back into the fold.

Last edited by Plastic787; 28th Jan 2022 at 16:47.