PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Liverpool-5
Thread: Liverpool-5
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2022, 10:09
eggc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BACsuperVC10
We all know about MAN but it doesn't have all the answers to the north of England's flying needs. No one is saying the north needs another MAN, but I think you're quite wrong to say LPL does not compete effectively, it does offer a real alternative for passengers to MAN. The perception that Liverpool Airport only serves it's "local market", and I presume you mean LCR is also quite wrong.

I am finding it very curious where this "anti-Liverpool Airport " sentiment comes from quite frankly.
Personally Liverpool isnt an alternative to me despite being 30 miles away. I only ever consider MAN, but I get the price concious might travel to save a few quid here and there.

Weirdly airports seem like football clubs to interested parties, MAN dont like LPL, BHX versus EMA, LTN versus STN, GLA versus EDI, LHR versus LGW etc and visa versa in each case. Don't ask me why but you see evidence in all of the forums of it.

LPL has its place for bucket and spade, city breaks etc but will never be any more than than and there is room for that in the NW.

Talk above of a second runway at LPL made me giggle a little I must admit, even MAN with many fold the passengers struggled at its peak to make 100% use of a second runway. The cost is huge and the need at LPL is zero.