PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ASICs to now be issued by the feds
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2022, 09:43
cameltruck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The question we all want to know is will the new issuer make the cost of a new ASIC cheaper for the life of it?

Late last year during lockdown, I suddenly remembered that my passport needed renewal and was expiring on the day. I went to the appropriate website and discovered the renewal procedures had changed and I needed to register into a new web portal which I did. I filled in the blanks and ticked all the requisite boxes after which the system sent me a form to take to the post office. I printed off the form, shaved off eight weeks of stubble then quickly rushed down to the post office. My photo was taken, the form was signed and money was exchanged. Three business days later my new passport arrived. Fortunately my red shaving rashes didn't show up in the passport photo.

Being impressed by all this is an understatement. The new system worked extremely efficiently. Hopefully the new ASIC issuing will be just as efficient, but hoping more that it's actually cheaper.

Later I found out that I actually had 14 days to renew my passport after printing out the form.