PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gliding stories
Thread: Gliding stories
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2022, 09:40
biscuit74

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks pasta. It does look well conducted; the photos I saw were from different angles and made it hard to assess what had happened. Sounds like 'Plan B' should have been in use a tad earlier, before the 'oops, now what' point. Sheep are very panicky beasts so certainly agree best avoided if possible. It's the chance of rocks just hidden by the bracken/heather that would concern me.
(I like the idea of the free gym session; they'd have been too tired for that by the time they got it out. In the bad? old days it would have been many beers and dinner all round !)

A lovely machine the Duo, with handling so nice it is easy to get lulled into a sense of false security. I had one instance of a very low 'float' over a section of moorland.in one. Final glide, with just enough height to clear the top of the last ridge but what I forgot was the long flat slope behind, which felt uncomfortably similar to the glide slope of the machine for about the next 3 to 5 kilometres. Puckering, and a useful lesson !
When I saw the first pictures I wondered if that was what had happened !