PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas terminates long haul cabin crew agreement, demands more flexibility
Old 25th Jan 2022, 11:03
Troo believer

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
As a pilot with Qantas you have my support. What I find completely disgusting is this moral vacuum pervading management during a time of fractious, difficult human emotional toll. If this company purports to be Australian then it should acknowledge that the last two years have been nothing short of very difficult for most. Only a war would be more confrontational in my view. How is it that the F/As have been singled out by the CEO and made an example of because they had the audacity to oppose a deal that wasn’t in Qantas’ best interest. I’ve sat and listened to those that with me were incarcerated at Howard National Disgrace Springs for several weeks in order to eek out a living worrying about where their lives were headed, whilst the fuc*wits in Sydney were hell bent on how to screw them over given the first opportunity. Corporate arseholes no less.

The face of Qantas is it’s Cabin Crew. Yep the ones that have to kowtow to all sorts of petulant trumped up frequent flyers using points thinking that they’re so special and yet this company in its wisdom chooses to put the boot in at the lowest point. Congratulations Qantas, you bunch of pricks ( my opinion) for illustrating just how low a corporate can go. Whether you believe the T&Cs are justified doesn’t matter. What you should be addressing is the corporate thuggery from Qantas.

Treat people with dignity and intelligence and the company might be rewarded yet here we are back in the 70s engaged in an ideological anti union bashing campaign spear headed by a farmer from NZ ffs.

Ive worked on minimum wage and know what it’s like to have your personal dignity ripped from underneath. If the last two years has taught me anything it’s that personal dignity and self worth are paramount as absolutes that require defending beyond money or a corporate non entity the likes of Qantas. It’s not a person. It doesn’t think. It has no morality or ethics and neither do the people that believe they’re leaders within this bull**** corporate spinning paradigm. End of rant.

Last edited by Troo believer; 25th Jan 2022 at 20:41.