PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LAPL FI(A) and ratings
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2022, 11:26
markkal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Whopity
I had guessed thats what it said and note that CRI is included. A LAPL FI should be able to obtain a CRI certificate without doing anything else though some administrations can be a little difficult on this one. Seems odd that having done a 30 hour course, to get the CRI some administrations want the candidate to repeat 3 hours of it! I think its well worth a LAPL FI obtaining the CRI at the same time.
Hi Whopity, nice to read you again :-)

You are raising an issue about the CRI, which unfortunately did not go so smoothly.
One acquaintance I know, active aerobatic competitor, has a Cap10 trainer besides his single seater, and wanted to use it for aerobatic training.

He completed the FI(A) LAPL, and being restricted FI up to 100 hrs, he went for the aditional aerobatic CRI.

In Italy they had him complete additional 7 hrs training on top of the 3 required, at the end 10 hrs.; Of course it is always good to get additional training, but that should be based on a personal assessment rather than arbitrary decisions. I avoid posting names of people and ATO's involved, but would be happy to send you a PM.

2 other fine chaps with loads of experience, circumvented the italian system few years ago and went to Lugano switzerland (AVILU), there it was straightforward and they also got useful ground training for a full week, whereas in Italy that does not happen, you are directed to online self learning.
And they both completed the cursus within the flight hours requirements.

The first applicant got some problems to have CRI endorsed in the licence, but at the end he succeeded, problem solved. So depending where you go you get a different treatment. Old habits die hard.