PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Enstrom Helicopters 2022
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2022, 03:51
Agile

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by aa777888
Perhaps the company will change hands again and the new owners will be more visionary. But the new vision would have to be very compelling in some way given Robinson and Bell's lock on the low end market.
Intresting points you mentioned in your post, it ilustrates the reason this is such a distressed asset.
I would assume that the Enstom PISTON F-28F & 280FX and the TURBINE 480B are not part of that vision you are calling for.
1st: because indeed more modern tech is needed; (aka: composite, modern avionics as part of the design, and yes engine modernization). I am not talking all the way to Hills helicopters but more like a Cabri.
2nd: because they tried to design sucessfull off-child so many times in the course the ownership transitions, 280 Shark, 280L Hawk ... its not working.
3rd: look at the people who acquired the schweizer type certificate "Schweizer RSG" well it does not feel like a blockbuster operation.

Assume that you had the few millions to acquire the Enstrom organization, I would have to sit and think quite a bit to figure out the new business course.