PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying an Airbus with 140hrs
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2022, 08:51
pineteam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AIMINGHIGH123
Disagree. Improvements have been made everywhere. It’s not just the aircraft. Tenerife disaster?
CRM has improved massively. Airlines that have poor CRM are usually the ones having the close shaves. A few incidents that happened in my previous airline came down to poor CRM.
You have a good point. I totally agree. CRM today versus the past has been improved a lot. It was a serious issue and it has been addressed and corrected accordingly. CRM is as important as flying skills. But I’m talking about pure handling skills. It’s a no brainer it’s a real problem and responsible for many accidents and incidents nowadays but nothing is done on that matter. But why??? And in my outfit, most serious incidents was linked to poor flying skills and slavery to automation.
And this is easily avoidable if company and pilots take their own responsibility and fly raw data during line. Even if a jet is your first aircraft it’s not that complicated, just disconnect everything when you have a chance. The more you do the easier it gets; simple as that.