PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2022, 18:15
OzzyOzBorn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AndrewH52 - November stats were a step in the right direction, but we've since seen a sudden kneejerk reintroduction of covid restrictions in the UK (since rescinded again) which the industry had been led to believe would not happen. This seriously damages confidence amongst regular folks who worry they might be caught out by sudden quarantine mandates or unanticipated costs if they dare to make new advance bookings for air travel. Uncertainty is a major barrier to recovery. Re data sets for comparison: the stats I used are the best we have available - and, actually, they tell the story right down to the last passenger and the last tonne of freight. If you wish to present alternative stats, we can discuss them. The non-availability of T3 can be changed at the discretion of management. Current demand justifies the mothballing of T3, but MAG makes the call on when traffic merits bringing it back online. Passenger throughput isn't depressed because T3 is closed; T3 is closed because passenger numbers remain depressed.

I haven't retained a record of diversion activity since the start of December (maybe others have?), but they certainly extend well beyond the one aircraft you keep referring to (it = singular), and I certainly recall instances of Jet2 and KLM having to divert from LBA.

HOVIS - Covid measures and the delayed lifting of US border restrictions meant that Aer Lingus UK had to delay their Manchester transatlantic launch. As with all carriers hit by covid mandates, they parked up aircraft until circumstances changed. Going forward, their based fleet will be scheduled to fly most days of the week. So moving into Summer '22, EUK aircraft parked overnight should not be an issue (unless politicians panic again).

Your West Gate account again underlines the need for MAG to redouble efforts to bring back resilience as a priority, and rebuild the capability of the business across all departments. I'm asking them to show some desire to get MAN back to the highs, and that means sweeping away the the negative 'no-can-do' culture.