PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2022, 15:36
MANFOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chaps1954
We still have as many Virgin just not 747s and remember that the other operators have or will all have extra aircraft in fleets
As I recall, pre-pandemic Virgin based 6 a/c at MAN - not sure if it was ever 7. They flew to LAX, BOS and LAS (sometimes winter seasonal I think) as well as MCO, JFK, ATL and BGI. Previously they had also served SFO.
Unless it changes, this coming summer only has MCO (12 x weekly?); JFK daily, and at present ISB at 4 x weekly. By my reckoning, that will require no more than 4 based a/c as Virgin consider it more important for fleet utilisation to preserve their slots at LHR. Incidentally, BGI is showing 5 x weekly but the flights, perhaps surprisingly, are with transfers at LHR using BA for the domestic leg.

I don't believe the TCX based fleet ever reached mid-twenties, probably high teens, but I could be wrong. And of course their long haul flights (7 based a/c, was it?) included some arrivals back at MAN after 09.00 when there might not have been the same pressure on capable stands.

One rumour a while ago about possible new parking stands was somewhere in the vicinity of the viewing park but others may know if that was correct and if so whether it's still an option.