PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Qantas pilots lose union president after year of turbulence"
Old 3rd Jan 2022, 01:01
Mr Proach

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
BB, that summary of what has occurred across QF's workforce is very disturbing, it demonstrates QF's commitment to it's workforce (lets not forget the shareholders). This country is rapidly moving away from the egalitarian society it once was. Union membership is at all times low and you don't have to be Einstein to work out that low union membership directly correlates to no protection at work, diminished wages and working conditions. I think there is a strange irony in that many people want to migrate to this perceived land of milk and honey to escape oppressive regimes however, they are least likely to fight for wages and conditions because they've been conditioned by what they were subjected to in their country of origin. I don't think "workers" realise the how quickly their rights and conditions can be eroded. Australia and its allies frequently criticise China however, it's peoples' standard of living seems to be improving. I also notice that China takes action to limit the influence of large corporations. This is unlike of what occurs in the land of Oz where the huge multinationals diminish wages and working conditions, exploit our people and resources but pay very little if not zero tax (that money we contribute for the betterment of our society). What do our government ministers do? .... They express concern .... whoopty do!