PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates...is this for real!!???
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2022, 12:29
flareflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flyTheBigFatLady
this is a quite very good attitude, nevertheless things are happing and if they do you need to know what your alternative options are.
mid your Automation is set wrong it won’t safe u. Last option is manual but it needs trained skills.

EK trains pilots to doubt their skills and having doubts in taking over manually is a good option and exactly there sits the problem.
if u in doubt over the actions in a emergency descent you will **** it up. Same applies to manual flying, if you in doubt over the correctness and being in doubt to throw a little SOP overboard (not about your skills, more over the consequences later in the office) you hesitate. Once in that situation you get blocked and things go worse every second.
experienced pilots don’t doubt in their handling, they do what’s required to stay safe, not always beautiful, but safe and at the end this is what counts. Stay safe. passing houses behind a runway is not safe. What’s is more important- the beautiful SOP or to achieve safety
Probably I have been misunderstood. I did not mean to always use automation. I meant that such a kind of “mistake” has nothing to do with good handling but it has with airmanship and
common sense.