PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any new info KCAA CPL Conversion?
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2022, 11:46
metalboi69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An update for those who might be interested: I did the conversion exam in late 2021.

Costs 200 USD to book. Pass mark: 70%. 100 questions (multiple choice, computer-based) with an allocated time of 2.5 hours. CX3/Elec flight computers ALLOWED provided you are writing CPL and higher conversion exams. PPL conversion exam prohibits their use. Exam is based on EASA (75% of questions) and SACAA (20%) question banks as well as a few KCAA questions (5%). All subjects are covered in the exam: Human Performance, General Navigation, Radio aids, Meteorology, Air law, Operational procedures (IROP), Instruments, Flight Planning, Principles of flight, Aircraft Technical and general, etc. Pay particular attention to calculation and formula-based questions. These seem to be worth more marks than word-based questions. Some questions will be impossible to answer without guessing. E.g., 2 of the questions started with the phrase “in the diagram below…”, however, there was NO DIAGRAM in either question. Upon completion you will see your results on the home page of the exam system on the computer that you used after clicking submit.

The exam is now done in the same building as the licensing office (Door 5m from main desk RHS) on the 2nd Thursday of each month at 8AM. Showed up and was told my name was not in the system. Luckily got a good invigilator, J, who proceeded to personally put my name in after I showed him proof of payment (carry your receipt!).

Good Luck