PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Teesside-2
Thread: Teesside-2
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2021, 16:49
tramontana

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SWBKCB
What other freight flights have there been apart from the Brazilian?
I assumed that the Brazilian Military Flight was here to pick up a cargo of Single Malt😉
Will Willis buy these Hangers/ Sheds and the land which will be needed or are they going to Lease from the British Taxpayer after receiving substantial Grants to come to Teesside, I don't want to knock the Mayor any increase in Airport Traffic is welcome but I do have concerns that these mighty investments turn into a trickle when the Company concerned announce after receiving Taxpayers Grants that it is not a feasible proposition and the size of their investment needs to be reduced.
I have worked for a Company that received a substantial Regional Development Grant based on plans to build a new plant and buy the land needed that were basically B S as they never intended to go ahead due to the economic climate concerning the product which was known about beforehand, they did build a hangar type shed for extra storage but that was it. The Company concerned no longer exists and the land purchased for the phantom Plant was sold by the Company for housing.