PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-6
Thread: Jet2-6
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2021, 10:11
LBAflyer22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Vokes55
And who exactly are the “weaker operators”?

Any thoughts of Jet2 doing long haul is pure cuckoo. Flying half empty aircraft across Europe is one thing, flying half empty aircraft across the Atlantic is another altogether. Suicide
At this present moment I agree. It's absolute banana's to even think about flying anything other than what they know. If we have some proper world leadership rather soon which is "lets just crack on" and stop testing every man and his dog, Long Haul Travel and Short Haul will return in an abundance.
But pre-covid, the airline had a high load factor and operated with full flights, or 80+% load factor (even 90%+) on most flights on most routes throughout the whole year. Just look at their accounts to find out the LF%.

Whilst Long Haul, and subsequent operations for Holidays, are different, one thing Jet2 are not afraid of is meeting the challenge head on. Now there is no TC in the market, Jet2 have that part of the market to tap into. Offering a different product to TUI and been a competitor to them. After all Jet2 are not daft and would probably get, somehow, some cruise liners involved to make it viable also.

Originally Posted by daz211
I’m not suggesting stopping what they are good at and yes that would be madness but the following and loyalty Jet2 has would easily carry them smoothly into the long haul holiday market and run along side the European network.

Key would be to offer the routes from Most of their bases and not stick to Manchester.
Exactly this. I also agree - MAN, BHX, STN - will be the 3 main long haul bases. Offering it from EMA, NCL, GLA/EDI, BRS, would be also a good shout. If they would make it work in LBA, and LBA's infrastructure can handle long haul, then LBA would also be a good shout.