PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Qantas pilots lose union president after year of turbulence"
Old 31st Dec 2021, 06:22
AerialPerspective

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by itsnotthatbloodyhard
“Sedgman” FFS. You’d think it wouldn’t be too hard to at least get the bloke’s name right. Yet again, when journos can’t even do the basic easy stuff properly, how are we supposed to believe anything else they write?
I know, it's a disease in the media now, apparently ever since the major mastheads realised they could save millions if they sacked all their sub-editors - they were the one's that checked spelling, context and grammar and the accuracy of names and what was being reported.

TBH, even Australian Aviation can't get basic details right sometimes.

Those same people who write this garbage then go on to be media 'advisors' which is why every media release from major companies basically says nothing but is just a moronic drone on using as many weasel words and vacuous statements as possible. You know, like we used to say once, 'combining efforts'. Then sometime in the 90s it became 'reducing duplication' and now it's 'leveraging adjacencies'.

I often say, a bit less of that piffle and pretend words, someone needs to tell these people what a verb is versus an adjective and a bit more time spent getting basic things correct such as people's names.

It doesn't keep me up nights but it does annoy the crap out of me - TV journalists are worse - using expressions such as 'return back' or 'huge massive' or 'big giant'.