PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-6
Thread: Jet2-6
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2021, 18:53
Rutan16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by daz211
You are reading to much into it, the EU, I was using it as a geographical area not politically I should have said Europe.

what I’m saying is times are changing and lots of individual restrictions and alert levels all over your flying program is causing havoc, people are looking further a field for their holiday and with Ryanair flying people all over Europe for peanuts something will have to give or change.
yes virgin offer flights but I’m talking about a big move by a charter holiday airlines inti this market.
Without a cruise contract and deal with a major theme park (Both covered by VS and TUi) Florida would be a disaster for the likes Jet2 .
Travel to Toronto has declined as the gradual VFR traffic has diluted for twenty odd years.

Now as for travel to the EU, it remains price, accommodation and convenience driven right now - the last is about to change and few realise it !

2022 summer will be the last opportunity for FREE unfettered access for British passport holders because as a third country we will soon have to apply for and book in advance on the ETIAS programme something similar to the US ESTA and a charge will be made said to be in the region of £7 to £20 per person . They will be valid for up to 90 days with unlimited entry/exit during that time. however remember you can only stay for a maximum of 90 days in any one 180 day period . Forget the idea of a November to end of March vacation in Paphos !
You already need a minimum period of 6 months your passport before expiry.

Forget that overnight trip to Paris or the sudden Hen/Stag party a few days before without checking your guests ETAIS status !

As for longer haul either means fewer more spaced out holidays , or indeed remains the focus for more wealthy travellers period stop

Last edited by Rutan16; 30th Dec 2021 at 19:12.