PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2021, 15:36
MANFOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Navpi
Did we establish if the No Divs NOTAM was prompted by the handler or MAG.

It's not like turning a truck away from a supermarket........

As Captain Mainwaring once said "its not Sainsburys , Godfrey".
I think the answer is 'No' Navpi. Obviously the notam was issued by MAN, but whether or not that was primarily an airport decision or one prompted after feed back from the GHAs remains an unknown unless any contributor on here knows for certain.
Incidentally, I understand EMA took a Ryanair diversion from LBA so it wasn't a MAG dictat.

As mentioned, Servisair was locally based for MAN - actually I had a feeling their office was in Bramhall at one time - and in days of yore, my recollection is that they were usually very accommodating when it came to diversions. On one particular Sunday, they took a multitude of flights from LHR including 3 x Pan Am B747s whilst a certain airline with their own ops. at Manchester managed a solitary early morning B747 before deciding that was enough extra work for the day. BA were so unpredictable, sometimes because of work-to-rules but on occasions you wondered whether it was more to do with which supervisor / team were on duty.

Still, at least we got some interesting stuff in those days at a time when MAN displayed more of a 'can do' attitude in its approach.