PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2021, 19:22
brian_dromey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MANFOD
An interesting post and thanks for the link. I'd forgotten that Ryanair had changed their handling arrangements at STN. If their proposed expansion at MAN for the summer based on slots goes ahead, I wonder if the situation here will be reviewed, although on a different scale to STN.
I think I'm right in saying that Jet2, which has a substantial operation at MAN, particularly over the summer, do their own handling. Whether that applies at their other bases, I'm not sure.
Interestingly its not just STN, Azur is at 25 Spanish airports and they also mention Poland as well. They have always self-handled at DUB too. Jet2 self-handle at LBA, MAN, EMA, STN, Murcia, Alicante, Palma, Almeria, Malaga, Barcelona, Reus, Menorca, Ibiza, Girona, the Canaries, and Faro. I think there might be more, where they just have "above wing" agents, Im sure Jet2 had uniformed staff at DBV when I was there a few years back. Either contract or direct employed, it's safe to say they have invested a huge amount in their own teams at airports in the UK and in Europe, especially in respect to their size.