PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Posted links to Twitter not visible in Firefox
Old 22nd Dec 2021, 18:28
jimjim1

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SLXOwft
link to Twitter it is completely invisible to me using Firefox, I can see the link in the page source code. If I reply embedding the post, the link is visible in my post.
I have often noticed similar behaviour in links (not twitter) in posts. Link magically works in a Reply with the original post Quoted. I have sometimes "helpfully" made a reply to posts including my own on the assumption that everyone is affected by this. I recently saw a non-working link and replied to create a working link but the link was then working in the original post so I deleted the reply. I think I have documented it to the "PPRuNe Problems or Queries" forum but I forget exactly. Here it is - Links to pprune in posts sometimes broken

I always check any posts I make that contain links for functioning after I post and reply to my own post with an explanatory note if the link doesn't work. The link always works in the reply.

Finally, they seem to self repair over time. ????
Here is a case of that -

MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
I tested the links in my original post (just above) and they failed. So I quoted the post in a reply and that was good. The links in the original post now work.I definitely am not making this up!

I use uBlock Origin - turned up a bit.

No idea what is happening.

Last edited by jimjim1; 22nd Dec 2021 at 18:49.