PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2021, 17:42
Mr A Tis

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sportzbar
From what I've heard on the ground a couple of things have actually happened.

The first being that the airport did know how many passengers they were expecting at the time but a large number of staff are now isolating due to a Covid outbreak, meaning that even with the best will in the world there will only be a finate number of staff available to work, which when your available workforce is decimated by 40% then any industry will suffer.

On top of this a large number of passengers (not confirmed, just opinion from someone on the ground), are now arriving 1-1.5 hours before departure and suddenly being caught out.

I guess it doesn't help when flight departures are bunched together in waves but I believe that passengers are advised to arrive earlier than they normally would for exactly this reason. I know the several times I've flown in the past year I've arrived 3 hours early, a couple of times being caught up in big queues but also on occasion flying through.....
Unfortunately, if you're flying with the likes of Loganair, Blue Island or Eastern the check in would not open until 2 hours before, so there is no point in arriving earlier. Not to mention, if you are doing a 30 minute hop to the Isle of Man - do you really want to arrive 3 hours before? On that basis it would be quicker to drive to Liverpool & fly from there.