PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lets go to EK! maybe...
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2021, 12:47
AIMINGHIGH123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BigGeordie
I can't imagine AAR acceppting a move to anything below STC's job title.
As for making too many people redundant, I can't imagine HH is very happy about the astronomical costs involved in making thousands of people redundant (visa cancellation, shipping stuff home, repartiation tickets and all the other stuff) only to hire them back again less than a year later with all the costs involved in that. Not to mention the damage to the reputation of the airline as an employer of choice in the middle east.
It will be interesting to see what EK do.

As an industry COVID has really hit aviation hard as we know. The other fact is how many will return to aviation at all!!! From my company that went into administration I put a ball park figure on 20% at least never returning. 10% for sure have retrained and started other careers. 10% seem to be training or working in other industries that they could progress quickly in.
How many called it a day due to being close enough to retire and have enough to see them through until pension kicks in?
How many have had a reality check and enjoyed the time off and don’t want to go back?
How many have lost family members friends etc and now value that more than the money the sandpit can offer?

This situation has been going for so long and hit so many in different ways I think EK are going to be surprised about how many are saying thanks but no thanks.