PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Winton- Airbus
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2021, 10:52
PoppaJo

Received 295 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by neville_nobody
And you propose to do this how? If you want to play hard ball then they will give a bunch of aircraft to a cheaper subsidiary. Even if there was a real pilot shortage they are just going to open the immigration floodgates and every African, South American and anybody else with a ATPL will fall over themselves to work here.

Your argument here is what management's argument is. We have the same aircraft flown safely by two different crews on vastly different salaries so how can we justify paying so much??
My frustration lies in the fact that the previous proposed EBA before any pandemic came along, went backwards. Meanwhile the other guys go forwards. Even Cobham had a decent win. How can budget airline pilots work more for the same. One Euro operator tried that one, we will remove the pay freezes, lets increase min hours and hold the pay instead. Perhaps it’s the union. I don’t know, I keep getting told it’s progressing well and something good is coming, when the reality is something flat or backwards.

However your point is correct. Perhaps future generations will have better luck. This isn’t the decade to play hard ball sadly. You don’t need to go to South Africa just yet, plenty in our own backyard at the moment.