PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick-3
Thread: Gatwick-3
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2021, 14:05
vectisman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes I agree a decent initial schedule. Don't forget these routes are the initial network for next Summer. Over the next two or three years, I am sure it will expand and diversify some more.
It will be interesting how the Winter schedule will look. Maybe more city breaks, ski flights etc... and some charters. However, with contracts in place that
allow for the greater seasonality at Gatwick the offering should be more sustainable.
I am surprised at the omission of Edinburgh. It carried a few hundred thousand per year pre-covid and could still support twice daily frequency now.
Likewise, I am sure Gatwick -Jersey in addition to the Heathrow service could do well as a summer seasonal.

However, I expect initial fleet size has meant some routes may have to wait. There may be more more domestics further down the line as demand recovers. The original plan was to increase base size by 3 aircraft a year for several years after 2022.
As the feet expands there may be more scope for route additions.
It would be a plus if the the new subsidiary is permitted to develop routes more independently of the mainline operation. Interesting times.