PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DHL 777 EMA base
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2021, 12:09
deltahotel

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Where to start.

There is some truth in this, so I’ll go through it as best I can. Where I’m uncertain I’ll say so.

Difference in starting salary. I’m guessing this is for NTR on to the 767, so long standing experienced pilot, NTR it’s a nod to the cost of the TR. 777 should all be TR, so should be OCC only. This is in accordance with long standing practice in DHK. Unlike many airlines we have never asked for money upfront on joining and I hope never will.

I’m not commenting on previous types and new types because I have no insight into recruitment, but it will be based on where bums on seats are most needed right now. I am sure that there will be movement between fleets as things settle down.

767 will only ever be basic crew as there are no appropriate rest facilities. CVG, JFK, MIA, ORD mainly.

777 watch this space.

Company pension contribution 12% I think.

42 days leave, 21 summer, 21 winter. Most people get what they want.

Commuting would be very hard.

Some days off periods may be short but there are 162 days free of duty ( inc leave) so there is a limit to this. You can’t be compelled to work an OFF day.

There will be little or no min rest just because of the daily cycle of the network.

4x is death in service. LOL haven’t looked at for a while.

Time to command. With big expansion comes big opportunity, especially as a lot of recruitment recently has been LEP. My best guess for experience is more than one year, less than five! I am not going to be held to this!!

Hope this helps

rgds

ps. What is really difficult to convey is how quick changing and reactive Network is. You have to understand that Big DHL is a truly global aviation network consisting of hundreds of ac in multiple airlines, some wholly owned, some partly owned, some contract only and DHK is but a part of that.

pps. DHK has changed and grown up a lot over the last 6-7 years. There are many who have been here for many years. It’s not perfect but it’s got a good FD culture and beneath the normal pilot moaning it’s a pretty happy place. COVID has been a real eye opener!