PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B737 @ Aberdeen
Thread: B737 @ Aberdeen
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2021, 19:07
Denti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Of course the issue could have been saved both by competent manual flight as well as competent use of automatics albeit with some more work as it is after all a boeing. That said, in my experience in various airlines over the years, especially british based airlines do have quite a heavy focus on automation at all times, which i have not seen nearly as much in continental ones. Especially now after the pandemic to battle the perceived and real loss of flying skills, which in fact does not help there at all as it simply reinforces the loss of manual flying abilities.

That said, i had a similar situation just yesterday, go around from a fairly high altitude on approach into TLV (ordered by ATC due to a drone in the approach path), but in an A320. A complete non-event, push thrust levers to TOGA and pull them back into CLB, while the PM retracts the flaps by one step, no autopilot disconnect (but again, of course both autopilots were in, same as when i was flying the 737). In this case the aircraft design helped, but so did having done the same earlier in the year both in the simulator and on the line. So we climbed back the few hundred feet and then got vectored for an approach on another runway.