PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is going on at the top??
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2021, 15:57
STIG781

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jimlad1
"back in the day", Airmen made sense. Society has changed - 1 in 5 of the RAF is not male, so airmen seems inaccurate and innapropriate.

As usual the "of course there's no such thing as discrimination (mainly because I'm a middle class white male)" brigade are out in force getting worked up about a change that makes no impact or difference to their lives, but may make a meaningful difference to those who are serving now.

To those who say "but standards and in my day" - firstly, the operative phrase is 'your day' - that was then, this is now. Thank you for your service, but let those who are serving now express a view on what they want - your views are an irrelevance. Secondly, the RAF is always changing and has done since it was formed. The RAF you served in was so different to the one you joined, the one you learned about as a kid, and the one you left as to be a never permanent organisation - don't assume that because things were done a certain way once, that this continues to make sense.

Finally, you may wish to reflect on the impact your words have - you may want to get all angry and hit the keyboard moaning about snowflakes and diversity and how it was better when you were in - but please remember that in moaning, you are directly attacking the people who serve now. I personally think they deserve more respect than being insulted by yesterdays men who are unhappy with the idea of a very simple change.
Jimlad, the terms airman and airwoman aren't going anywhere, and make NO difference to peoples' lives either.

" there's no such thing as discrimination (mainly because I'm a middle class white male)" No Jimlad, you are an ignorant far-left racist. They are correct, discrimination in this sense doesn't exist. Airmen isn't a collective term for men and women you idiot, it refers to males only. Airwomen refers to females. Do you now see how stupid your comment about 20% of recruits being female really is, since the label doesn't apply to them?

A triggered woke lefty like you is also too thick to understand how nonsensical referring to RAF groundcrew as "aviators" really is.

"you may wish to reflect on the impact your words have"

Grow up you mental weakling, are you actually 42?

"but please remember that in moaning, you are directly attacking the people who serve now."

They have no business serving in a branch of the military if hurtful words are too much to handle. This simple terms airman and airwoman work find, meaning a change of them would be stupid.