PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair interviews and sim assessments - 2
Old 6th Dec 2021, 12:03
Brian Pern

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by UAV689
Many of us are really scared that we are skating on thin ice until something really bad happens.

Only 2 weeks ago a crew maydayed and diverted for a hydraulic leak, turned out they just turned off the hydraulics instead of anti ice…They are not the first to have misplaced these switches which are an ergonomic nightmare, but they are probably the first I have heard of to progress this far along the tree of the failure.
Well,again as a long time TRI/TRE, I can see some major issues here.
It is certainty easy to miss switches on the 737 overhead, heck it was the same on the 727 as well!! What us old timers were taught and do was to look, make sure then select and make sure we get the result we wanted.

This seems like the crew were overloaded to me, stressed and rushed.

They should have had he mental capacity to check the result of their action and the overhead, this seems more a failure of the system rather than the crew involved, I have seen some interesting things when conducting LPC's for ex ryanair pilots who have been through their cadet program, it seems to me they are always under pressure to rush, not a very good situation to be in.

If so the whole training department needs looking at, I voiced concerns when I was involved several years ago and all fell on deaf ears.