PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2021, 09:19
galdian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PoppaJo
More dumb meaningless rules out of this backwater state. She wants to test those dirty folks from down south on Day 5. Meanwhile IF they are positive they have been roaming around our good state for nearly a week now? Pointless.

Testing 3-4 thousand people a day in Cairns? Geez that will break the non existent testing services up here. Haven’t crunched the Goldy numbers yet.

Stupid. Dumb. What more should I expect. We will fine the living daylights out of you should you not comply. Save yourself the hassle our good friends down south, don’t come here.
Always like your posts PJ, pretty balanced and thoughtful.
If the press conference was observed did any of the journos ask "what's the point/benefit of the 5 day dictum"? If yes what was the considered response?

As I'm planning to head up to the Bribie Island area for a week or so before Xmas I jumped in and made a hire car booking from the 14th, "free cancellation" on the booking but treat that with a grain of salt and see the battle if attempted.

Whilst I view the 5 day test as bull**** for interest I tried to see what was available on a weekend - a reasonable spread on Saturday morning, almost nil on a Sunday.
If the Premier wants to come up with such crap can only hope she realises she'll have to make testing facilities available - more money to be wasted on behalf of the people, go Anna!

Last query for those far smarter than myself - if for example I arrive on a Tuesday is that Day 0 or Day 1 ie is it a rolling 24 hours or a static day?

Cheers.