PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair interviews and sim assessments - 2
Old 6th Dec 2021, 06:26
arrowcapitan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveDurban
I really don't understand the motivation of all those on here attacking UAV, he is spreading nothing but facts, and is desperately trying to warn people from falling into the death trap that is the RYR cadet scheme. There is nothing waiting for you lot here after line training apart from a toxic work atmosphere, financial struggles, a base far, far away from home and all the associated mental health issues.

BALPA recently surveyed its RYR member on said mental health. in which:

92% felt that the company contributed to a reduction in their wellbeing
98,2% has concerns about the overall well being of staff
64% reported to duty while feeling unfit to do so, because they couldn't afford not too.
22,9% said in the past months their operational safety- decision making was compromised by commercial pressure.

How about that for facts.

This is not normal, this company and its "management" are not normal. They are playing a very high risk game with a lot of peoples lives, it really is a matter of time before we see some serious accidents/incidents on line because people are just so worn out, or god forbid, we see some GW9525 type of accident.

I ask you, look again at those percentages, and ask yourself again, does this seem like a company you want to work for, let alone for that atrocious 'salary'?

I can promise you, though it won't reflect on your instagram timeline, its a lot less fun being at work when every other week you have some cabin crew crying in the back because they haven't been paid, again. In one of the UK bases CC went to their manager to complain that their current salary (while working 90hrs a month) could not cover their fixed living expensed, rent, insurance, food etc. You know what their manager replied?, "have you considered staying at a host family".

A prime example how these deranged "people" at HQ view their employees who work their arse of day in day out.

I said it before and I'll say it again, do NOT fall into the trap of joining RYR, but if you must, please share us your experience after a year or so in the company, prove us wrong.
thank you . Well said ! I