PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Network F100 busting minima, Paraburdoo
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2021, 20:06
morno

Received 290 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Derfred
I’m not sure about the sky-gods you speak of, but mainline Qantas pilots would always divert after the 2nd missed approach.
I think the whole point of the discussion is what lead to them not doing that though? How do you know that after the second approach there wasn’t something else that then gave them no good options? Are you telling me that Mainline pilots are immune to all other factors that could play out and put them in this situation?

I’ve been in my second missed approach before to then have Centre announce literally as I was still climbing, that all of my possible alternates had just had their TAF’s amended to be no better than my destination or even worse, and the METARS indicating below minimas. Now I’m stuck with only one option should a 3rd approach not be successful. And that was departing with all legally required fuel plus some.

It happens buddy, so don’t bring your “we’re better than you” attitude on here and tell us that mainline wouldn’t have had it happen to them. It just makes you look like even bigger dicks when it does.