PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RCAF Hornet replacement.
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2021, 08:11
Beamr

Received 342 Likes on 113 Posts
Originally Posted by typerated
Price and lack of support for Typhoon?

Or just LM level of bribery is leagues above everyone else - allegedly
I dont know FL's reasoning, but I would be very surprised if the choice would be Typhoon. It's much of what is provided besides the airframes that doesn't give much chance to Typhoon. My runner ups would be F35 and Gripen with Super Hornet as a black horse in the game. Then Typhoon and last Rafale. But hey, I'm not making the decisions and am not involved in the process. But while others provide growlers, globaleyes, loyal wingmen, already have a tech development center in Finland and opportunity for sharing the defense command chain (Saab), more investments in jobs and more likely viability up till 2060's (esp. F35), the Rafale and Typhoon can't be seen as ideal, unless others have c*cked up in their offers. But that is apparently a possibility so all the bets are open. However, the chance of quessing the winner is 20%, so it is more likely than winning in a lottery.
Then there's the politics, who plays with whom and how much and why doesn't play with the others and to where do the promised jobs appear to.

What comes to the Canadian tender, I'd surely like to know what dropped Boeing out of the game and eventually would it have any echo on the Finnish tender.