PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is going on at the top??
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2021, 11:01
Vortex Hoop

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jimlad1
"The people serving now have a 'champion' in the form of Veterans. We have a voice and can hold the government to account by using said voice through associations etc."

Having seen the attitudes on display here by 'veterans' I am genuinely embarrassed and ashamed to think that you feel your views reflect the modern military. Please don't presume to speak on behalf of it because your values, standards and conduct are woefully out of line with those serving.

Stop presuming that the system is the same now as it was when you were in - it isn't.

Frankly there is nothing more cringeworthy than encountering retired veterans who assume that they a) know what is genuinely going on in the military today and b) that the modern military want them to 'fight their corner' because frankly they don't.
Your insecurity and faux embarrassment is not my problem. I only left 6 years ago and have mates who are on the front line, so it is not as if I am just swinging the lantern and talking only about the Cold War.

You are talking hoop and your presumptions have been shot to pieces by more than a few posters below you. If you are the Thin Pinstriped Line blogger, then the sinking feeling of constantly missing the mark and getting facts wrong should be familiar to you...

Learn from this.