PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interesting aircraft - what have you seen on your computer today?
Old 28th Nov 2021, 18:34
WHBM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
There was another An-12 UR-CBG came the opposite way after midnight last night right overhead central London, St Johns Newfoundland to Ostend, which I suspected to be returning, but this afternoon it was still on the ground at Ostend, and has since departed eastbound and is currently overhead Austria. So not that. My hunch is it was another An-12 which had been given a climb and was on full power, possibly with the prop syncs not working fully. I feel I may have even heard it do a power change and throttle back at top of climb. But which one ...

The midnight one had routed Newark-St Johns-Ostend yesterday, which in a 55-year old 4-engined turboprop must be a long, loud haul. I notice the Antonovs tend to use St Johns rather than Gander as their eastern Canada point.

Your AN-12 today was UR-CTJ MEM3096 out of Ostend and it headed south from OH London down towards Africa.
Ah, thank you. Though quite why a flight from Ostend to Agadir would route over Lambourne, where it finally seems to have turned southwards, is a bit of a mystery in itself.

Last edited by WHBM; 28th Nov 2021 at 18:43. Reason: Extra info