PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Scampton Chipmunks
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2021, 20:09
abadge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RAF Scampton Chipmunks

Calling RAF Scampton Pilots and others in the late 60's. I was an Airframes Tradesman on Blue Steel until they decided it was obsolete, and I was one of the first out, and moved to Station Flight. Located up on 'F' Dispersal, we looked after visiting aircraft, and, the two Chipmunks we had for (supposed) continuation of pilot training. Anyway it was like a little flying club and pilots we flying everywhere for their 'training'. A such I had many hours in the back seat, and strapped the young cadets in on their summer camps. To my query. I have all the models of aircraft I have worked on in my 37 years in service. But as the 1/72 scale Chipmunk is so small, I am building a 1/ 48 scale Airfix kit, and would like to replicate the ones at Scampton, 68-70. Unfortunately I have no information on their serial numbers, and the years have blurred my memory of the colour schemes. So does anyone have any information, or indeed, any pictures of said aircraft to help me out?

I have one decent photo of a trip over Hemswell, where I was quartered at the time.

Any help appreciated.

Alan