PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - light aircraft engines
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2021, 14:34
Fl1ingfrog

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I've directed that the plane will have to have two independent electrical systems, as the RED engine will not run without electricity. There's going to be a lot of analysis and test to demonstrate equivalent safety to simple magnetos!
This mirrors the dual electric ignition systems installed on the Rotax engines. The battery I'm advised is able to supply the engine dual ignition for 3 - 4 hours. Therefore if the alternator failed in flight you then rely wholly on the battery. The battery will have 3 hours plus of life which, in the main, will exceed the remaining fuel endurance.

Remove the screw and the end cover, and pour the water out, and let it dry. Reassemble when dry, and run engine." Yup, it worked like a charm!
A student of mine some years ago owned a garage. A customer came to him one day with a problem with the control board. she had been quoted by a main dealer in excess of £500 to replace it. He had recently bought a large 12" x 12" magnifying glass at a car boot sale for £20. When he flexed the card he quickly found a hairline crack in a solder which he quickly repaired. He charged £250 and she went away very happy.