PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vista Flightmatic 204-FP
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2021, 19:12
CaptainSquelch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vista Flightmatic 204-FP

Recently I got hold of a Vista Flightmatic 204-FP flight simulator, or rather an IFR trainer for my mancave. Much better than a pinball or a snooker table ;-). As most pilots I was tortured on this rack for many hours as my first introduction to IFR flying.

It is an interesting piece of equipment that has a mechanically simulated environment and the flight characteristics are all analog. Two VORs and an NDB are synchros on the board, connected with nylon strings to the aircraft position to create the indications. After a lot of cleaning and lube work, most of it is working again.

So now is the time to start flying the beast and I am looking for the charts. There is a VOR in the northwestern corner on frequency 108.25. In the southeasterly corner we find a VOR on frequency 112.25. Between it on the radial 309 from one and radial 129 from the other is an NDB that is always on and an ILS on frequency 110.05. All this is mechanically represented on a panel behind a white screen.

Does anybody recognise this environment and have a clue where I could find the charts? I am looking for SIDs, STARS, approach plates, anything.

Last edited by CaptainSquelch; 27th Nov 2021 at 19:32.