PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin 3.1
Thread: Virgin 3.1
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2021, 02:41
Foxxster

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by DirectAnywhere
There's more to this story. Former staff are speaking to the Australian so it's a hatchet job. Ms. Watts has pi$$ed off someone, somewhere, for some reason.

i can’t see anything getting better when the chief people officer, and what a fecking ridiculous title that is, takes over. I have met only two people from HR that I would consider actually feeding let alone paying a grossly inflated salary to. Useless the lot of them and if anyone is going to suck up to management and do exactly what they say without question it is someone from hr. Given Ms Watts has left under a cloud, due to what appears to be behavioural issues causing everyone else in her team to leave, one wonders what exactly HR and specifically the head of it, ie the person now replacing Ms Watts, actually did to correct her behaviour and make sure she lived by the values the company no doubt spouts but clearly doesn’t live by. Oh except after everyone has left and they absolutely HAVE to do something.

oh, and there is also this…. Perhaps this goes some way to explain why Ms Watts, being a Ms and not a Mr was hired in the first place..

During her years at Bain, Jayne Hrdlicka was instrumental in promoting women's leadership both within the firm and the business community. She helped to launch (with Chief Executive Women) an Australian version of a major research study on gender parity that Bain has conducted for some years.Although the gender mix is changing in many companies, it will never feel enough until there is more visibility, she says.

"Qantas domestic and international has 50 per cent [women in top roles], with Jetstar and Frequent Flyer CEOs. So from that perspective we are in good shape. But we have got a big job in Jetstar. Our business doesn't have good balance in the executive team but great women through the business. We have to create the opportunities."

also interesting article noting all the Bain connections of the current leadership group.

https://www.consultancy.com.au/news/...team-of-virgin

Last edited by Foxxster; 23rd Nov 2021 at 03:00.