PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Sentinal Fleet sold to possibly the US Army
Old 19th Nov 2021, 11:45
NutLoose

Received 2,818 Likes on 1,200 Posts
How would the CAA be assured of the risks involved
Civi wise, they might want to see them, they might not, its like everything these days, they farm it out, A Cof A is only valid with an ARC in place, that is an Airworthiness Review Certificate and backs up the C Of A saying the aircraft is still airworthy and that is issued by a CAMO.
I am a CAMO and fully licenced engineer, I do the annual inspection of the aircraft and when satisfied it is airworthy I issue an ARC and send a copy to the CAA thus ensuring the CofA remains concurrent, there is no other input as such from the CAA these days bar the odd inspection.

Airworthiness. All Part 21 aircraft types that qualify for an Part 21 Certificate of Airworthiness (C of A) are issued with a non-expiring C of A, which is validated annually with an Airworthiness Review Certificate (ARC). This annual validation occurs when a new ARC is issued or the validity of a current ARC is extended.
Following the introduction of Annex Vc (Part CAMO) under regulation (EU) 2019/1383, regulation (EU) 1321/2014 now details the rules for continuing airworthiness management organisations which are subject to EASA regulation.. Annex Vc (Part CAMO) of this regulation concerns the continuing airworthiness management for organisations relating to all types of aircraft of EASA aircraft