PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 18th Nov 2021, 17:51
Mike Flynn

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
The main points of the Sala tragedy were summed up in this part of the report below.

The whole issue of prolonged N registered light aircraft operations by non US citizens will no doubt be explored by lawyers seeking damages for the outcome of the incident . I would suggest the insurance companies will be reluctant to pay out and the buck stops with who?

In reply to Katamarino I was highlighting that the UK’s biggest N trust operation is run from a rented cottage in Norfolk. As a retired journalist I was merely pointing out the tabloid take on the situation. To use generic terms the use of the American aircraft register in the UK is a brass plate operation to avoid meeting the Civil Aviation Authority requirements . I see your aircraft is registered to the same organisation as Henderson’s so I guess you have an axe to grind.

Grant Shapps operates his aircraft through this limited company while he is overseeing the CAA! Is that right?

The final paragraph refers to “grey charters” which is a term that can be used to refer to a number of scenarios outside simple charging passengers for a flight.

I suggest it could also refer to someone owning an aircraft and claiming the costs back via a company. If that person then takes employees in the aircraft as part of their work schedule that could be classed as commercial operations. eg flying employees to a meeting or engaging in air to air photography.

Last edited by Mike Flynn; 18th Nov 2021 at 19:14.