PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Poseidon - Not too long to wait?
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2021, 11:59
SLXOwft

Received 129 Likes on 83 Posts
Originally Posted by Ventre A Terre
The Lossie MCO provided an answer to this on FB a couple of days back.

"Many of you have suggested Flt Lt. John Cruickshank VC and quite rightly noted what a fitting tribute this would be for an amazing man.
We completely agree with this; however, Flt Lt. Cruickshank VC is an incredibly humble man who has been approached by Team Lossie in the past for various naming rights, including a previous P8, but has repeatedly asked that we don't name anything after him.
The urge to publicly recognise and honour his service is immense; however, the greatest respect we can give this hero is to respect his wishes."
I did suspected that might have been the response from a man who was suprised his actions merited the VC, and who like many very brave men is humble and does not like a fuss being made.

I was about to suggest the bleeping obvious but scrolling down the Facebook responses saw David Kavanagh (and possible others) had got there first (I think the RAF is probably superfluous).

David Kavanagh
RAF Lossiemouth name one “RAF Coastal Command”. You’ve covered everyone who served in the Command equally then.
Or “Constant Endeavour”. The Coastal Command motto
My joke ones are 'Here' and 'Everywhere'.